Thursday, 17 December 2009

Today I went to collect a letter from my Dr that she has done to send with Jack's schools admissions form (yes we are awkward and want him to go to the nearest school not the catchment one)..

The letter is just what's needed and hopefully we'll be in luck and get Jack into the school we've chosen...

However and there is a however...with the letter she enclosed a copy of my consultants latest letter to her...

Not nice reading really and I think she was under the impression that I knew what he'd said to her...

Yes, he's mentioned the original nodule increasing in size and that there is a new nodule, but then goes on to say there is possibility of subpleural ill defined nodules in the right hemithorax and that the texture of the left fourth rib in line with the anterior auxillary line, is also slightly abnormal and could be metastatic...

When I see him next I will most definitly be asking if I can have a bone scan to determine what is wrong with my rib.
It may explain the constant pain I'm experiencing in that area on and off since July but now there all day and at night it wakes me if I sleep on my left side.
So a bit pee'd off that my body is giving in so soon...but is it soon??  8 months was the original prognosis (given the type/size and locations of the tumours) Jon said we'd been lucky to have 3 nearly 4years of me being fit and healthy (obviously not healthy as such...but that's how I have felt)
So we'll be having a lovely Christmas and wait to see what the New Year brings..whatever it is it will be challenged all the way by me and my wonderful support network.
Love Clare xx

4 comments:

  1. Let's hope you get the school you want for Jack.
    Although not good news reading what the consultant said in his letter, especially as you were not fully aware of his findings! We all hope that you will carry on for a long while yet and send you all our love and support.
    I hope all of you enjoy your Christmas and lets hope and pray for some better news in the new year.
    Love Susan, Michael and Damien xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Clare))) what a nasty shock that must have been reading that letter when you didn't know the full story. :-( This was the sort of thing that happened to my best friend's Mum who I have mentioned to you before. All I can say is that she was around for 13 years following her original diagnosis despite several gloomy predictions from various medics along the way - I sincerely hope for the same for you, I really do. Love Rachel x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((Hugs)) my dear dear friend, your strength and fortitude continue to amaze and inspire me, with you all the way....

    Love Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((Clare)) It couldn't have been easy for you reading this, in fact emotionally very upsetting for you as your in the process of selecting a school for Jack.

    Your courage & strength amazes me also, and you know you are often in my thoughts.

    Take good care Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete