I was at hospital today for my Herceptin and as it's been 2 weeks since I was told I'll need radiotherapy to my rib and I've heard nothing, I thought whilst I was there I'd go and see what the hold up was.
No request in radiotherapy dept (no surprise there then!).
I told them I would be upstairs having treatment until about 12.30 and they said someone would investigate and come up and see me.
No one came (didn't expect them to), so I went in to see them again on my way out. Spoke to someone different this time and after a bit of a wait she said I'd been booked in for plannig tomorrow at 10am and that an appointment card had been taken upstairs to the ward where I was -no one gave it to me!
I managed to get her to book the actual radiotherapy appointment for Thurs afternoon as well.
So do you think I would be going tomorrow had I not have enquired - No I don't either!
I get home to find a message on my answer phone saying could I urgenty call the radiotherapy dept as they have me an appointment for tomorrow and they need to now if i can make it - YES!
Hospital admin drives me nuts, I could have had the planning done today whilst waiting for the herceptin to be made up today.
3 trips in 3 days when it could all be so much simpler.
Oh sorry that was a bit of a grumble but always seem to chase appointments and do my own admin!!
Just hope the radiotherapy gets rid of the pain!
Clare xx
Hi Clare,
ReplyDeleteWhat a palaver! After all that I think you can be entitled to grumble.
I do hope that it works for you and you can be pain free for a while.
If you are still going out tonight have a good time, sorry I cannot be with you.
Love Sue xx
The hospital are totally rubbish at admin, I'd complain, they can't improve if they don't know how bad they are!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteW xxx
Disgraceful that you have to chase everything up >:-(
ReplyDeleteHave to agree with Wendy I am afraid. They need to know what's going wrong. What about older people who are not so on the ball and able to fight their own corner? Disgusting! R x
ReplyDelete