Sunday, 28 March 2010

Had a lovely Saturday at the trampoline party for Jack and his friends 4th Birthday party.....they all really enjoyed themselves and so did the Mum's and Dad's...thanks to Nicola who organised it all..

Today though had a very different ending for me..I went to see Paula in hospital and I will be honest I was shocked at how she was.  She's been in hospital for a month now and is not really any further on.  She still can't walk unaided be it a frame or a person.  I did cut her hair though as she's never had long hair since I've known her.  She said she felt much better for it afterwards.

She should be going home Thursday but life for her will never be the same again she'll need carers in 5 times a day and a bed downstairs, she won't be able to drive anymore.  I just hope that the time she has left is quality as best as it can be in the circumstances.

Can't write much more as I'm so sad about it...

Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for you friend Paula, Clare
    Life can be so unfair, how very, very sad.
    I don't know what else to say :-(
    Big hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised you are sad about this Clare - this is an awful thing to have to deal with. Hopefully she will be able to enjoy the time she has left with the help of the carers and her family. It just goes to show we should all enjoy our lives as much as we possibly can and make the most of every day as you never know what is around the corner. What a lovely friend you are to cut her hair for her too. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How utterly grim for Paula and for you Clare. Masses of love and glad Jack had a fab birthday. FOUR? WOW!!!!! Give him a big hug.


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete