Friday, 17 September 2010

4th cycle of Taxotere...over half way now.

Another long day.  Got there at 8.30am and had my bloods done after 4 attempts to access my port.  Not sure why they're having problems with it.

Went down to clinic for my 9.30am appointment there were only 3 others there which is unheard of.. so in reality I should have been in and up to the ward in record time...you would think that wouldn't you? ....in true NHS style the path lab only processed one tube of blood and I had to wait over an hour for the WBC (white blood count), they won't let you have treatment without this result.

Got back up to the ward at 11.15am and then had to wait until 12.30 to be called in...

I did tell the registrar about my hands and feet hurting and she said they would keep the dose as it is for this cycle as they aren't too bad and if they get worse they'll re-think the dosage.

I was booking in my next treatment and the nurse said if I go on Friday 15th Oct I'll have to have a re-loading of Herceptin as it'll be over 28days...this means having it over 1hr and then sitting there for 4hrs after...so we compromised and I'm going twice that week...Weds 13th for Herceptin and Friday 15th for Taxotere.

All rather complicated when you have chemo brain

Love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment