CT scan day today.
I know it's important but I just hate wasting time waiting...
My appointment in the CT unit was 1.30pm but I have to have my port accessed for the iodine dye to go through so had to be in the chemo ward at 12.15...just in case they were busy.
Well they weren't and I'd been accessed by 12.30. So I sat outside and read some of my book and a paper that some kind person had left me.
Went to the CT dept at 1.30pm and I'm surprised no one heard me groan as I went in..all but 2 seats left and everyone looking glum. They were running approx 1.5hrs late.
I'd had to starve from 9.30am but in fact I hadn't eaten since 7.30am as that's when I finished my breakfast.
Had the barium drink at 1.45pm and questioned the nurse as to how late they were running as I didn't want to have the drink and then have to wait ages to be seen. He didn't seem to understand the problem..and I explained..I'd had nothing to eat or drink and he was expecting me to drink a litre of this stuff and then sit there holding it in my bladder until they were ready for me...not bothered said his face to me!!
I did start drinking at about 2ish and went to the toilet at the time they said and then waited...after an hour I was bursting but then got called in.
The actual scan only took about 15mins.
I was so hungry when I got out I went straight to the cafe and brought a huge jam doughnut - stuffed it straight in my gob!!
Went back up to the chemo ward to have the line from my port removed and home.
I will never accept an afternoon appointment again as they always run late.
Roll on 15th October when Dr C will let me know if the chemo is working.
Fingers and toes crossed for good scan results x
ReplyDeleteSame here! :-)
ReplyDeleteNext time see if you can eat the donut without licking your lips! Fingers and everything else crossed. H x
ReplyDelete