Monday, 13 September 2010

I reckon I've had about all the side effects that are on offer with Taxotere...

Saturday evening the skin on my thumb decided to peel away and is very sore.  My fingers have been tingling for over a week and my feet very painful at night, so I should have guessed what was to come 'hand foot syndrome' (Palmer planter syndrome is the posh name).

My eyes are constantly watering and it's so bloody annoying, my make up gets ruined - believe me that is the only nice thing about my face at the moment as I'm trying to make an effort and even that's getting a hammering!!

My ankles have decided to start swelling too..lovely look I sport these days...bald, fat, swollen ankles, watery eyes, ridged flaky nails, sore hands and feet...a vision of beauty...lol

Will mention it on Friday as I think they can prescribe Vitamin B6...or do something to stop it getting worse.

Some nice things do happen amongst all this crap.  I had a lovely weekend, with Wendy over Saturday lunchtime/afternoon and we had a good catch up, Judith and Gerry over Saturday evening for an Indian and the Strictly Launch was on and then on Sunday Alexandra came over for a coffee and a chat...we have left it too long when we only live 30mins away.

Love Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. You're still a beautiful person my dear friend -inside and out! Love you lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare,

    I heard Udderly Smooth did a good udder cream for hand and foot syndrome. Maybe worth a try? I reckon they'd send you some free samples if you asked. http://www.udderlysmooth.co.uk/oncology.htm

    Your beauty shines through your posts - it's definitely not only skin deep you know.

    Love and hugs,

    Aisha xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aisha,

    I have had udderly smooth before and it's gorgeous stuff...completely forgot about it...may just order some more...

    Thanks

    C x

    ReplyDelete