...and it is good news:
All visible tumours that have previously been measured have shrinkage and the lump on my neck has shrunk. Dr C even said where I had the radiotherapy to my chest wall in Feb that has healed too.
He did say to keep an eye on my cough as there is inflammation in the upper left lung lobe and if I start to cough phlegm then I will need to contact him or my GP...at the moment it's just a dry cough - an irritating dry cough that seems to want to appear at 3am - grrr!
All visible tumours that have previously been measured have shrinkage and the lump on my neck has shrunk. Dr C even said where I had the radiotherapy to my chest wall in Feb that has healed too.
He did say to keep an eye on my cough as there is inflammation in the upper left lung lobe and if I start to cough phlegm then I will need to contact him or my GP...at the moment it's just a dry cough - an irritating dry cough that seems to want to appear at 3am - grrr!
I did tell him I get out of breath really easy these days but he wasn't too concerned - prob took one look at how much weight I'd put on and thought, no wonder love...you're huge!!
I showed him the pics of how bad my hands were and he's reduced the dosage slightly for the last two cycles.
I mentioned that the reflux had been really bad last cycle and that it ruined my intake of Champers at the weekend...he said that wouldn't do at all and has prescribed a daily tablet of Omeprazole.
So the plan is to have my last Taxotere on 5th Nov and then carry on with 3 weekly Herceptin.
I do like my consultant and trust what he says and suggests, I really think that helps as I never go home worrying if what treatment he's giving is the correct one. All the chemo nurses think highly of him and I think that says volumes.
One of my Tuesday Herceptin buddies whose finished her course of treatment was there today to sign consent forms and have tests done for a years trial of a drug to take after Herceptin has finished. The stats show Herceptin can reduce the risk of recurrence by 50% and with this new drug as well it adds another 10%.
It's hard to get on trials as you have to fit the criteria - age/stage of treatment/type of breast cancer etc, so far she's the only one eligible at RBH.
So all in all a good day.
Glad to hear everything seems to be shrinking! Great news.
ReplyDeleteLove Sue xx