To say I'm gutted is an understatement...
Had my last chemo on 5 November still getting over the side effects from that and now I have the pain back in my rib area that I had this time last year.
I was hoping for a good few months without pain or intense treatment etc
I rang to see if I could get an appointment with the consultant as my next schedules one with him is 18th February. The earliest date they have is 18th January (due to bank holidays etc). So it will be pain killers until then.
I really hope this isn't the start of something really horrible, of course I have Paula's death fresh in my mind and that is making me think all sorts of scary thoughts.
I told Jon what I was thinking and he said he wasn't ready for anything like to happen yet, especially next year...I asked if it was ok for it to be 2012 (tongue in cheek of course) and he just said "I'll never be ready for you to die as I love you too much"
I just hope that when the time does come he will be strong enough to cope with Jack and have a good life with him.
Time is moving so fast and I need it to slow down...Jack starts full time school in January and there was a time when I didn't think I'd see him start school.
Just read that back and it sounds very negative...I suppose I am allowed the odd negative thought now and again...I won't linger here and will get back to being my happy cheery self.
None of that sounds negative at all Clare - not a word of it. Hang in there, we are all hoping for a healthy 2011 for you... Hugs. R x
ReplyDeleteOh Clare, I am sorry to read this, it may not be what you think it is, there are so many 'mundane' virus's and illness's about. If you are in pain would it be worth going to your GP ??
ReplyDeleteHave a truly wonderful Christmas Clare, try to keep positive.
Love to you, and a whole heap to Jon and Jack too.
Alexandra x
Sending you masses of love Clare and a happy Christmas to you and your lovely fellas. You are a truly astonishing person and I wish you so much well....
ReplyDeleteLove
Julia xxx
My dear friend, I certainly hope you are going nowhere either as I love you lots too xxx You are amazing, stay strong xxx
ReplyDeleteI always have to brace myself to read your blog Clare as it knocks me out emotionally and today is no different when reading this :-(
ReplyDeleteI too wish with every ounce of hope this is nothing serious as Jack & Jon need you and its true, you really are remarkable do u know that xx
I'm sure Jack will grow to be a man that you can be proud of because of the amazing foundation you've already given and you will continue to give him. Hope the medication eases the pain and keeping everyone crossed that the scan results are better than you expect.....and btw it's ok to be negative sometimes Mrs L. Love H x
ReplyDeleteOf course I meant keeping everything crossed and not everyone. Although if it would help we could do that as well!
ReplyDeleteDear Clare,
ReplyDeleteI have only just caught up with your latest entries and so sorry to read you pain and the worry of whats causing it too. I will be keeping everything crossed for you that the scan results are good and I hope the painkillers do the trick. Have a wonderful Christmas with your lovely family xxxx