Thursday, 23 December 2010

Went along to the Dr's today to have my monthly Zoladex injection and it was booked in with the nurse as usual.

However, due to 'protocol' she isn't allowed to do it anymore so I had to see Dr S.  He's not the Dr I normally (just recently as he does the injections). 

Over the last few months he's got to know me better and we normally have a bit of a chat.  Today he asked how I was and I explained the pain etc and that I was going on to another drug as well as carrying on with Herceptin.

He was astonished at how I remain so positive.  I have people tell me that all the time and ask me how I remain so positive, it's hard to explain how I do, but I just do.

I told him that I consider it such a waste of time being negative over it as that would just make me miserable and what's the point in that?.  Also I have a 4.5yr old that needs a happy environment to grow up in and I have a huge support network of family and friends.

We had a really good chat about how I felt re: the future (or lack of it!) and he was amazed that I'd made funeral plans and have written my Order of Service.  I did explain that they aren't written in stone and can be adjusted/amended at anytime!!

He ended by wishing me a Happy Christmas and said he'd pray for me to get through treatment as best as I could with the least pain as possible. 

I knew he a practicing Christian but it was really nice of him to say that to me - after all he's only a Dr at my surgery who hardly knows me.

Love Clare xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare, Hope you had a lovely lovely Christmas. I believe that it is that very positivity that has kept so well so far, and will continue to do so. So keep it up !
    The Dr sounded lovely, and even if you are not religious yourself I always love it if people say something nice like that. God Bless Clare (and all who sail in her!). Alexandra x

    ReplyDelete