Calm is restored in my head.
Not just because I had my 1st radiotherapy session but I have finally got myself a 'Tailor Made' funeral plan and I know exactly what I've got etc...nothing missed off the list - oh except the banjo playing man in front of the horse drawn hearse...seeing will be believing!!
Just need to get in contact with the officiant and meet with her to discus finer points.
Jon sat and listened to my choices and is pleased with what I want but dared to ask how much the coffin was, my answer..cheaper than a couple of months worth of clothes purchases!!
So hard to judge how many will attend as it's not an invite 'do' just had to guess and hope I'm not way off the mark either way!!
The one thing I really do want is for people afterwards to go to the get together and make it a happy day for my family and for themselves, to sign the book of condolence for Jon and Jack to keep.
So 'Mrs I'm in control' has decided and I just hope all approve...shame I won't find out eh?
((((Clare)))) I have no words. I am in completely in awe of you. I am thinking of you on a daily basis and send lots of love as always xxx
ReplyDeleteYou are a remarkable person Clare. I am proud to call you my friend xx
ReplyDelete((Clare)) you are so brave.
ReplyDeleteI must admit I am intruiged to see the banjo man, but would like it to be in about 40 years time xxx
Clare - I would like to echo what the other ladies have said, and also add that you never know, you might find out! Who knows what you can see in the afterlife? Nobody has ever come back to tell us have they? I must admit I am intruiged to find out when my time comes..
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous post Clare .... glad you are happy that everything is 'sorted' and calm is restored .... Not of course that you will need any of these plans for years and years ..... OK!
ReplyDeleteI always fancied a horse drawn carriage - DP thinks its a little 'gypsy' but I dont care.
Would you like me to sort out the 'mystery mourner'? should always be one at every funeral. I think someone devastatingly handsome in your case with a single tear falling down his cheek.
Sorry Clare, dont mean to be flippant, hope you dont mind. I am thinking of you all the time and constantly amazed at you.
Alex x x x x
Johnny Depp may be available Alexandra...! :-)
ReplyDeleteI have to confess...no banjo man...or horses..sorry
ReplyDeleteMr Depp would be fabby!!
C x
You truly are an amazing and remarkable person. I am truly blessed to call you my friend.
ReplyDeleteSinead xx
Clare you are hysterical - I should be crying reading your blog (i often do) but instead you're making me giggle. You're amazing. Hazel xxx
ReplyDelete