Thursday, 9 June 2011

Me again at the crack of dawn...

Just having a play around with what I think it going to be something special.  Nothing like insomnia to get the creative juices flowing!

Busy day today...all practical things and then I think I'm done with all the organising.

Visit to crematorium at 10am for a look around, I know I want to go there but just for piece of mind I'd like to see where I'm going to end up!  Funeral planning 11am - got it all sorted on paper and chosen everything, order of service, newspaper notice done. Then carvery (I do have to eat), then radiotherapy at 2pm.  My lovely neighbour Anita is driving me around today for which I am truly grateful.

The only thing I need to sort out after to day is who is going to hold the service, I went to a funeral last year and a lovely lady was the celebrant, calm soothing and a lovely reading voice, do you think I can remember her name?...not a hope! I want to meet with her and discuss things as there's nothing worse that someone saying their bit about you without having known you at all. I do a  know that a lady who works at the library knows her name just need to get in there and ask her.

So possibly an emotional day (especially the paying for part!!) but at the end I will have what I want and hopefully Jon, Jack and family and friends will be happy with what I've chosen.

5yrs a go I started a scratchy load of documents and it seems unreal that they are now complete and ready to use..tweaked beyond recognition mind you but now it's final...well maybe I could do a bit more tweaking if I have time to mull it over..which I won't as after this I'm going to concentrate on enjoying the life I have left.

Love Clare xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare - thinking about you today; hope your visits go well. Well done you for getting all this stuff sorted so it is done and you can get on with enjoying life. How great to have lovely friends to help you out too....and I guess you know it means a lot to people to be able to help in some practical way.

    Lots of love to you
    Julia

    ReplyDelete