Last radiotherapy to my head this morning.
Saw Dr Charlton afterwards and he went through plans (vague ones)...reduce steroids to 2 x 2 from today, 1x1 from Sunday, if I get any pain just up them by one at a time to no more than 4x 4.
He wants to full scan me in August (to see what else is going on) as then he can do a head scan as well...no point in doing one now as radio takes approx 4/6 weeks to take proper effect.
I spoke about timescales and he said at the moment he's treating a woman in same situ, that is a year on from brain diagnosis and there isn't any reason why if kept under control I can't do the same.
He wants to see me every time I have my regular treatment so that's every 3 weeks which is good.
Asked about Spain again and he said of course go, as long as we can afford to pay for treatment should I need it but then said if you were ill I wouldn't expect you to be going and if you feel ill out there just make sure I've got a bucket full of steroids as that's all they would give me and send me home.
He actually spoke about my attitude and that he really can't believe how I am so 'positive' seeing as I use the Internet for info etc...scary stuff!!
He likes my attitude and he said it can only help in the long run..
I just explained that I have a 5yr old who needs his Mum right now to be focused on our family and not mope around. I told him I'd done all my arrangements etc and that I intend to now just carry on as I have been for the last 5yrs. Until a time when I can't there is no reason on earth to be any different.
He said he wished it was different for me and that he will keep up to date with any breakthrough treatments for me.
Seeing him today in radio is so much different to seeing him in clinic where he's pressured for time..he had all the time in the world to sit and chat and go through things.
He's said my friend can do Reiki on me, so I'm booked in for a session end of June.
Oh and as I was leaving he did apologise that my hair will go and touched his head (he's rather bald!!)...cheeky git!!
He said he wished it was different for me and that he will keep up to date with any breakthrough treatments for me.
Seeing him today in radio is so much different to seeing him in clinic where he's pressured for time..he had all the time in the world to sit and chat and go through things.
He's said my friend can do Reiki on me, so I'm booked in for a session end of June.
Oh and as I was leaving he did apologise that my hair will go and touched his head (he's rather bald!!)...cheeky git!!
What a positive post Clare. For such a horrible situation you certainly have sorted yourself out in both a physical and a mental way that most of us mere morals can only marvel at. Even your esteemed Doc is marvelling! You keep on doing exactly what you are doing right now. That amazing attitude can only have a positive effect on everything else, so keep it up. You are a true inspiration. Much love xxx
ReplyDeleteSending much love Clare. As always your courage and positive attitude is inspiring.. Keep it up xxxx
ReplyDeleteSuch a positive post. Your positive attitude is inspiring to all who know and meet you. XXX
ReplyDeleteYour friends say it all Clare, your amazing, thinking of you and sending loads of love. xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Clare,
ReplyDeleteIt was great to see you all on Sunday. Hope you feel okay after your treatment? Your body seems to have responded really well to treatment in the past, so no reason why this should be any different. What with that terrific attitude you've got as well, I don't think you'll be needing those 'plans' just yet.
loads of love and hugs xxx