Met with the lady who will be celebrant at my funeral. Lovely lady called Iris Rhodes, she looked over my stuff and has agreed to it all, even the bible reading (some refuse to do a reading).
She wrote loads of stuff down and asked me if I'd write something for her to read out, so this afternoon was spent typing away and I think I've done it!..will run it past Jon and hopefully it'll be OK not too long but covers most of my life..briefly..
Now if there's anyone out there who is electronically minded who will take charge of my 'special bit' on the day...I'll give details if there's anyone willing to do it, all sorted with a visuals company they just need a person who will be in charge of it on the day. Obviously the Audio CD etc will be done ready just need to press play..lol
And...anyone feel they can do a reading? Iris will do it if no one else will but she thinks it would be nice if family or friend does it...it's a short Bible reading 6 verses...easy peasy!! - sorted..thankyou Paul xx
So that's it all sorted and now I can leave all this 'fun' stuff until it's needed - hoping it's ages away and I will forget what I've chosen!!
I would feel very priviledged to do a reading for you Clare. I'm sure though that you will be inundated with offers from your closer friends and I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes :-) Here if needed xx
ReplyDeleteLisa
ReplyDeletethat is kind of you..my brother has said he will do it..
C x
Glad you've got everything sorted as you want it Clare. You know what a blubber i am - no chance of me holding it together! And lets hope it does become a v. distant memory as you carrying on enjoying life Fayex
ReplyDeleteIf for any reason Paul can't do it - I will, although I may need to be helping Faye hold it together!!! H xx
ReplyDelete