Today's delight 'Normal' treatment today and appointment with Dr C.
Saw Dr C and discussed recent news...he admitted that perhaps I should have either been in hospital last week or at the very least treated with steroids as an out patient, but not having the scan until Friday made it awkward as they didn't know what was what until Tues.
The plan is this...radiotherapy planning on Weds at 8.30am then start 5 days of radio the following Monday. I will lose hair again (off to a non starter with this barnet I have, may as well give up and bring the wig out for special occasions and hats/scarves for all others)
Still on the steroid dose of 4 breakfast 4 lunch until Monday when I can reduce to 3 and 3 then when I start radio reduce to 2 and 2...if I get pain just up them again.
I couldn't actually bring myself to say why the hell in all the 5yrs haven't you done a head scan especially with my neck nodes being cancerous...he's not God he's my Dr and is only human and he did say he was totally shocked at what the scan showed as he wasn't expecting it so soon after chemo and radiotherapy.
Even if I had a scan 4 weeks ago the buggers would still be there just wouldn't have had to in pain for all that time.
Up to West Ward for treatment and the usually Friday gang were there, nurses run off their feet but still having time to speak to us all and make us laugh. cannot wait to see pics of Ward Sister's wedding reception - a scream apparently.
Got out at 3pm and Hilary kindly came to pick me up ad dropped me Mum and Dad just to prove I am still alive can walk and talk just like last week!!
Got home at 5pm to some flowers sent by friends - thank you lovely ladies they are gorgeous
No comments:
Post a Comment