Wednesday, 21 September 2011

At last I have a nominated Macmillan Nurse.  Her name is Ellen and she a lovely very knowledgeable lady.

She took notes on my whole diagnosis since 2006 and medication I'm on.

Has offered to send me leaflets and stuff on available activities at the Macmillan Centre and suggested we may like to go to the Macmillan Hotel in Bournemouth for a short break.

So although I don't feel I need her on a regular basis just now I know that she's only a phone call away if I do need any help or have any questions.  She will also try and get Dr Charlton to get a move on with my life claim..he's had the request since June!

She also suggested that we may like to contact Daisy's Dream so they can talk to Jack...he's already started asking questions and they are much better qualified to help us with him rather than messing up and trying to answer ourselves.  I will ring them next week.

Love Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clare! I'm glad you've found someone to talk to Jack. And a short break in Bournemouth sounds good too - any "me time" is always welcome, isn't it?
    Take care,
    Lots of love
    Aisha xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare, I've not written on here before, but felt I should. I have a friend up in Manchester, in a similar circumstance. You're right. It's a cruel vile disease. Just want you to know, that even though I'm on the other side of the world, I often think of how you're doing/coping. We're not exactly close friends I know, simply we were work colleagues, but, don't you dare give up. Crap, I've got tears in my eyes here. You keep fighting. xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete