Tuesday, 31 January 2012

We knew this day would come, just not as quickly as it has, but I am a fighter and it won't beat me just yet.

Jono has been signed off until 26th Feb to sort out some care for me (with the district nurse), I really can't dress myself anymore, or cook, wash etc..real stinker here!

Gone is my appetite.  Cannot quite believe that, I love my food.

Not sure how many more entries I will do on here but will try and do it until I can't anymore.

Love Clare xx

29 comments:

  1. So,so sorry to read this Clare, my thoughts are with you, Jon and Jack.
    With love,
    Sue Parker
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what to say, you are such a fighter Clare. As always I'll be thinking of you and Jon and Jack. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare

    Not sure really what to say but knowing you as long as I have I know you are a real fighter and you will fight this as much as you can.

    Thoughts and prayers with you, Jono & Jack

    Sinead xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare sorry it has come to this, it was so nice to see you and i admire you so much.So pleased Jono has been signed off, you know you have a fantastic hubby there Clare. My love to you all Sue Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare - although you seem to have been so prepared for this... my heart aches for you... you have been so strong, so brave, so wonderful in your caring for both your men (J&J) and your family... I hope you can get all the help you need to make your lives more comfortable. You are a true inspiration to me, and I'm sure to many others. You truly give me hope that I can attempt to be as dignified and wonderful as you are being when my time comes... much love, and gentle hugs, Irene xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare - What lovely words from Issy. I can't put it any better, just wanted to send you all gallons of love as always.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare - you are a true inspiration to all, thinking of you all and sending much love as always

    Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much love to you all Clare - I have so much admiration for your dignity and courage and "normality" through all this.
    Love, Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare,
    ((hugs))), as has already been said you are an amazing person and are loved by so many.
    Keep being the positive fighter that you always have been.
    Love
    Lisa Banks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Clare,
    I have been dreading reading of your progression, more poignant, as you knew how things would pan out with this blasted disease. You have been a truly positive and very strong lady throughout all your treatments.
    I have been thinking of you lots Clare <3 I'm so glad that you have a fully supportive husband in Jono, making everyday things less stressful for you.
    I hope to see many more updates from you Clare, until then, God Bless You darlin'.

    Lotsa love, Marie XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare
    My heart just breaks to read this, you, Jono and Jack don't deserve this.
    You have come to the stage which we all dread....dependency on others. You are a wonderful woman, wife, mother and friend.
    Lots of love and hugs to you all
    Love u
    Fi
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clare,
    I'm so glad I was able to spend a short time with you - now you have to count on others but you will always be you, a lovely woman, a great friend, a super mum and wife. Someone very special who I feel honoured to have met and know.
    Lots of love and hugs,
    Aisha xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My lovely friend Clare,

    You are, and always will be, a total inspiration.

    Keep fighting, keep positive. You are much loved by so many of us.

    Lots of love, Sharon, Dave, Megan and Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Clare..........pants doesn't even begin to touch it, does it. You, dear, dear strong loving powerful lady, are a true inspiration to us all. Your strength has known no bounds. You're my hero Clare. I know that should be heroine, but I think HERO sounds stronger, and that's what you are. We all know you'll continue to fight with every ounce of strength you have. You're so brave, and bloody well organised! Just know sweetheart, that you're in our thoughts and prayers every day........at least once a day! Sending you all my love and every positive vibe I possibly can.
    Loadsalove
    Rhona
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep fighting Clare, I know you will.

    Thinking of you.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep fighting my lovely. I know how painful that must be to write let alone endure, you are an inspiration - a word used a lot but one that almost underestimates your strength of character, determination and love. Keep fighting. Claire Francis x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clare, I have just read yesterdays entry and really cant put my thoughts in to words......a first i know.

    I have written, deleted, written and deleted, but still cant come up with what i want to say. So, I am not going to say anything apart from.........what a truly amazing person you are!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clare... words can't describe how your 'Waffling and more' have moved me. Keep fighting as we know you will. I haven't , didn't really get to know you, but from here, it's plain to see that you are a wonderful person, a wonderful mother and wife. You have so much support and love. I hope you know that. It's clear Jono and Jack love you so much. Keep fighting, for you, for them. Clare, God Bless you. Don't know where you are with/without a faith, that's your private place, but from me, I'll continue to pray for you and your family. Always thinking of you. Lisa Carter xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like the others, it feels like there are no words to express what you must be feeling and how unfair this all seems... I just know Jon and Jack are very lucky to have such a wonderful person in their lives and that I am the richer for knowing you as a friend - you have tackled everything that's been thrown at you with humour and dignity. Inspirational as always. Big hugs, Fayex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just sending you a whole heap of love and every positive thought I can. I know you wont give up. Love to you all.
    Alexandra x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Clare
    Like Jason i have written and deleted posts. You are the bravest person i know, and i feel so lucky to have you as a friend. You are so loved by so many people. Massive love and hugs as always. You are in my thoughts constantly xxx
    Lisa J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Special lady xx

    Glad in some ways that Jono is with you to help now but sad in other ways that you've come to this stage. Wonderful to have you with us at Blood Brothers and that you enjoyed it.

    Keep believing and we're all here and wishing things could be different. Hang in there sunshine because you are special xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sending you lots of love.
    Leena.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Clare, you are the most inspirational woman I know, I am in awe of your strength and determination. I am so lucky to call you my friend, as you're such a generous, thoughtful, caring lady.Wishing things were so different for you and your family right now. So glad you have your wonderful Jono by your side, he's a treasure xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. claire like others iam lost for words my 3 daughters have been reading your blog as well and you have given them so much through it we constantly think of you and pray for you at tyndale as also jack and jono wish things were so different for you sending you lots of love jillxxxxx(ark toddlers)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Clare, you truly are an inspiration and I feel totally honoured to have known you during the last year - your positivity in the most difficult of circumstances is truly astounding. You have made me laugh and smile and are a true, supportive friend and my heart goes out to you, Jon and Jack at this unimaginably hard time. Keep fighting for as long as you can my friend.

    Sarah (Barrett) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. My lovely friend I can't believe this time has come. You have been so positive for so long part of me hoped beyond hope that you could beat it. Well, you did for 5+ years but the big C caught up. Jon, you are being amazing and I hope you all enjoy the time you still have together. Jack is a credit to you both and I think he will grow up knowing what a fighter you are, Clare, and what a lovely person. He will also know how brilliant his Dad has been in caring for you all. Please, if there is anything I can do let me know, absolutely anything. My thoughts and prayers are with you constantly, many gentle hugs to you all, Helen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Am stuck for words and cant see screen for tears.......what a totally beautiful person you are (and I dont say that about many..lol) Love you very much my friend, have and will continue to think of you everyday.

    Lil
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have only just read this and am also stuck for words, I just don't know what to say, except that I am thinking about you and Jon and Jack.

    I have so much admiration and respect for you, Clare.

    Lindsey H xx

    ReplyDelete