Friday 19th September 2008
It's all go go go.......I start my 1st of 18 Herceptin treatments on Tuesday (23rd) every 3 weeks and will change to Monday's from 13th October (Jon's b'day).
They want me there at 8.30am and said to expect to be there most of the day, they have to administer the drugs very slowly and then monitor if I have any reactions....
So obviously my consultant managed to get funding...I did find out why he may not have... one of the 'rules' set down by the Trust is that it has to be given the same time as chemo or no longer than 6 months after chemo.
So I consider myself extremely lucky to be given the chance to have this drug.
The only 'downer' if there is one, is that I had to sign the consent form and the reason given for needing the drug is down as: 'Improve survival'...that kind of made me sad.
Just wish it said...'Rid her of this terrible disease'.
So the next part of my treatment is soon to start...it's such a long haul this being ill lark.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment