1st Herceptin
Early start for us today…
Had to get up make myself look presentable and get Jack ready and in the car by 7.30am…not an easy task when you normally have all day!
Dropped Jack off at Mum and Dad’s and then proceeded to plough my way through ‘rush hour’ traffic…
Got to the hospital at 8.25am and booked in at reception. I was dreading going into the chemo ward as the last time I was in there was 2yrs ago this week and thought I’d seen the back of that place for a long time. It smells odd…sort of chemical smell (derrr…that’s probably the ‘chemo’ drugs then).
Of course they didn’t have my notes, they had my prescription form so they put that in motion as soon as I got there.
Actual treatment started at 10.05am and the nurse said I’d be there for 6 hrs after the start of treatment. Watched a film ‘The Devil Wears Prada’, which got rid of 2hrs of boredom.
Tried reading a book I’m struggling with but it’s still pants so gave it up as a bad read. Had lunch – an egg and cress sandwich which was a bit dire, yoghurt and some orange juice – so it’s not all bad.
The actual infusion took 3hrs and then I just had to wait to see if I had a reaction of any kind – I didn’t. So at 4.05pm on the dot they took out my cannula and said I could go home.
Back on 13th October for No. 2
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment