Monday 11th August 2008
Have been to the clinic today to have fluid syringed off. The nurse managed 3 full ones - thought I was growing a new boob.
It's so much more comfortable now and hopefully I'll only have to go back once more on Friday or I may stretch it out until Tuesday at my results appointment.
The dressing came off today and that was such a relief, it was so tight and the nurse reckons I had a bit of an allergic reaction to it, must admit I haven't wanted to scratch once since it's been off.
She cleaned me up as best she could and so tonight I'll be able to actually wash myself properly (unscented soap on the wound for now)...
Before I had this done I hadn't seen many pictures of a mastectomy scar and those I had were flat with a neat scar right across the middle....well not mine, it's sort of wiggly and not flat at all (skin is left in case reconstruction is wanted at a later date)....I guess all the pics I'd seen before were women who were a very small cup size and skinny to boot!!
Have to admit I was a bit worried about how it would look but he's managed to do quite a good job considering there was a huge amount of boob there to deal with.
At the moment it doesn't bother me one bit and I'm happy to wear the foam insert...just glad to be here still.
I'll be moaning on soon about what I can and can't wear....no pleasing some people is there.Anyway on that note I'll go and stop waffling....
Just one more thing it's St Clare's Day today.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment