Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Monday 11th September 2006

My care nurse called today..to tell me off..She didn't know until this week that I'd been in hospital..well I didn't know I was supposed to tell her!!!

They are having the meeting tomorrow and are discussing my case, she is going to ring me in the afternoon to let me know what's going on.I did express my concerns over either 'No' surgery or a 'lumpectomy' it may seem strange that I want a mastectomy but I feel it will be the end of the breast issue - yes I know it could come back there but in my head it will be gone.

The nurse did say that if I had a mastectomy it would be quite a while until I have reconstruction (poss next May/June) and was I prepared to wait that long? The wait is due to the radiotherapy having to be done and then healing etc.. The interim would be what they call a 'comfie' foam boobie.

Obviously at the end of the day I will be guided by the experts and will have long chats to Lynne (my nurse).

On another note..we are going to be in our local paper, possibly tomorrow. I've done an interview to do with the MacMillan nurses and their fundraising 'Coffee Mornings'. I did have to guide the journalist as she really had no clue at all as to what having cancer is like and was writing things like 'she has terminal cancer' etc which we all know I have but I certainly don't want my family and friends reading it like that, in the local paper and getting upset...I did ask her to amend some bits.

Should have written it myself.

We have been invited to our local Council offices on Thursday to participate in their MacMillan coffee morning..pictures will be taken..oh the dilemma, what do I wear...look bloody awful in anything at the moment..at least there will be no 'Bad Hair Day' to worry about.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment