Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Tuesday 12th September 2006

The meeting with the surgeon, consultant etc. has taken place….My care nurse rang and briefed me on what is going on…all very up in the air as it all depends on my next scan.

They are really pleased with the way the breast tumour has responded to the chemo and I now have a CT scan booked on 2 October to see what the tumours on the liver and lungs are like, invisible hopefully.

If there is nothing left to take from the breast they may well postpone any surgery until a later date. If I am really adamant then they will do a mastectomy for me..I won't be adamant if they think it's not the right option for me..I may be headstrong but not much.

The breast tumour is an oestrogen fed/based tumour and they are thinking of suppressing my ovaries with medication or removing them totally. I did say that in our situation there will be no more children for us, so if removing my ovaries is the best option then that’s fine with me. I’m not sure what the situation is with the radiotherapy, you know what it’s like when someone is telling you loads of different things…well my head gets muddled.I will be seeing my consultant about a week after the CT scan to see what’s what.

The one thing that the nurse said that really lifted my spirits was that they may have to do surgery in 3/4 or even 5yrs time if it rears it’s ugly head again. In my situation that’s the kind of thing that makes me smile.

So no definite plan, just have to hope that the other tumours have responded as well as the breast.There you have it, it’s not all doom and gloom and I’m sure my positive frame of mind and the fact that I have such good support from family and friends is helping me get through this in the best way that I can.


love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment