Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Monday 12th June 2006

The appointment went much better today than we expected.

I won't be going on Herceptin as I don't have the 'right type' of cancer, which is a positive thing apparently.

The liver scan showed 3 shadows on it but the Dr is unsure what they are and I have to have a CT scan. He's quite optimistic as I'm not ill, not losing weight and the liver isn't enlarged. My lungs do show a scar, but again the CT scan will confirm what it is, as I have had bad bronchitis before and it could be as a result of that, again I'm not ill or having any difficulty breathing etc.

Bone scan ok, also an ECG and all looks ok there.

The plan is this:


· Chemo starts Wednesday and every three weeks for approx 6 months.

· Cold cap on head to save my hair ...for now

· CT scan to be done asap to find out exactly what is what on the liver and lung

· Then surgery for either a lumpectomy or mastectomy

· Then I'll be on more drugs that will make me lose my hair..boo hoo

· Radiotherapy after the surgery


So until we get the results of the CT scan I will worry no more...well ok just a bit I just hope chemo doesn't leave me too weak to log on.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment