Wednesday 14th June 2006
My treatment is underway and I feel so good about it... I don't know what I was expecting but it was all rather painless today.
The nurse was lovely and explained each drug and the possible side effects, one was a bad taste in the mouth at time of administering it..she gave me a small bag of Haribo jellies just in case.
Another one made my vein go cold and that is sorted by using a heated pad.
I was going to have the cold cap treatment to try and save my hair. When it came to it I thought sod it I'm going to lose my hair with one of the other drugs anyway so I'll get it out the way now. The main factor for my decision was that you have to have it on your head for 30 minutes before treatment at -5 degrees and all through the treatment and then for 2hrs after treatment finishes. It can even form icicles on your head. There is no guarantee that you will save the hair anyway.
So I am now the proud owner of a nice wig (it is actually nice) for days when I go out and don't want to be bald or wear a scarf.
Have a nice supply of anti-sickness drugs at the ready, one lot I have to take and the other are just in case it gets bad. I asked when I would be having the CT scan..guess what ..the scanner is broken. It will be a couple of weeks at least until I get the appointment through.
Felt nauseous this afternoon and had to have a lie down but it is very muggy here and that doesn't help. Jack has been an angel today for his Daddy and my friend who had him this morning.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment