Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Thursday 31st August 2006

Spent last night in hospital.I went out yesterday with some friends for lunch and felt a bit shivery, got home and was shaking uncontrollably and felt really cold.

I took my temperature and it was over 38c. When you’re having chemo if your temperature goes over 38c you have to phone the hospital. They said I had to see a Dr so I rang the emergency Dr and spoke to a very pleasant lady who said the Dr would phone back. I thought I was in for along wait but 10mins later he had phoned me.They would come out to the house but he said they were really busy and if I could go to the hospital and would be able to see and emergency Dr straight away.

Jon went to get Mum so she could look after Jack and we went to the hospital.

Got seen straight away and they decided I need to have bloods done and a chest X-Ray. Got on the ward about 12.30am I was given antibiotics and bloods were taken. At 2am the nurse came and told me that the white blood count was ok and so I didn’t have to have IV antibiotics.

Had a lovely side room, en-suite shower etc, the nurses were all lovely.I got home this afternoon with a course of antibiotics and feel a lot better already. Managed to get lunch at the hospital..yummy food (Asparagus soup/Beef Goulash, mash and cabbage/banana cake and custard) Shame I couldn't stay for dinner.

Jack slept from 8.30pm until 8am, typical as I wasn’t there, think he was being extra good for his Daddy.

Hopefully I will be ok to have chemo done week.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment