Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Tuesday 23rd October 2007

Didn't see my Oncologist but a very nice (German) lady registrar.

She said there was only one message to be taken from the scan and that is that all is ok...the liver tumours aren't visible to the naked eye anymore and the lung one is still very tiny.

She is going to have a meeting with the radiologist so they can confirm when I should have my next scan, she thinks a year may be what they say.

I was asked whether I had thought anymore about suppressing my periods but I said I'd rather leave it as it is as I have quite long cycles and I don't want any unpleasant side effects that I don't need to put myself through.

She examined me as I was a bit concerned about hardness on my boob but of course it's just scar tissue and nothing more sinister. Felt all around my liver and was pleased that that is how it should be.

I couldn't have asked for a better outcome and it's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

I'm under no illusions that in the future one of my appointments will have a different outcome but we are just going to enjoy ourselves for now and get on with life without thinking too much about what might happen.

What a joyous Christmas time we're going to have this year.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment