Tuesday 24th April 2007
After waiting an hour, I finally got in to see the consultant and he delivered the most excellent news...
The scan showed virtually nothing on my lungs and the liver tumors are now very tiny, the only thing it did show was some sort of fluid on my breast. It has been aching for a couple of weeks, but nothing that would make me see my Dr for.
He said that it either may have an infection or as I burnt so badly whilst having radiation it most likely burnt me inside too.
He examined me and said there was nothing untoward going on so just see if it settles down.
Mammogram will be booked for late June and he said he'd try and book it on a day that there was a radiographer there so I can get the results there and then.
So we are a very pleased family tonight as the worst thing that could have happened after having the 1st scan following treatment hasn't...Power of positive thought goes a long way.
I now feel a bit of a fraud with work but hey...I still have cancer that isn't curable, so I'm going to make the best of my life with my boys and if my employers are offering me something that will help us then I'm going to take it.
I was saddened though as I saw a lady who I used to get the bus to work with (she has bone cancer, following breast cancer) and just before the end of the year she was looking great...she's now in a wheelchair not looking good at all.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment