Tuesday 24th June 2008
Oh what a long day....
Arrived at the Ultrasound Suite to be told that they want to do another type of mammogram, one that magnifies things.
Had this done and then went back in for the Ultrasound...I had the ‘Chief Radiologist' doing it so knew I was being well looked after...She said straight away that the lumps (!!) look suspicious and that in her experience anyone who has had breast cancer in one breast when presenting lumps like this in the other it is 99.9% certain that they will be cancerous and that they were solid masses and not cysts.
She did 2 biopsies as the lumps were too far apart to treat as one and I’m now sporting a bit of a bruised boob.
Had a 2 hour wait until my consultant appointment so took myself off into town and had a mooch.
For once he was running on time BUT I specifically asked to see him instead of his registrar and the couple who went in before me were in there 50mins!!!So I was sat for 50mins pondering and wig watching..don't think I saw any today.
Anyway, eventually I went in and he said the same, from what the Dr at the mammo suite had reported we are to prepare ourselves for the worst. He said as they are not so big this time (biggest 8mm) they may well do breast conserving surgery first (lumpectomy) and then radiotherapy, he will be meeting with the surgeons and mammo Dr on Tuesday so they will decide then what order to do things in.
In the meantime he’ll arrange an appointment for me for next Weds with one of the surgeons...looks like he knows what’s what already.
Chemo may be an option and it will prob be Taxol (more hair loss) depending on the type of cancer as it won’t necessarily be the same as I’ve already got...just to confuse the issue!
He wants me to have a CT scan of chest, abdomen and pelvis so he can see what the tumours on the liver and lung are doing and gave me a ‘card’ to take to X-Ray to book it up but I spoke to a ‘Jobs worth’ who said it had to go through their call centre!
So goodness knows when I’ll get that through.
So much for passing my 2nd anniversary unscathed... I am now facing bilateral breast cancer and another year or so of crappy treatment...but if it gives me some more time with Jack then I’d do anything.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment