Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Wednesday 7th March 2007

Yesterday I saw my consultant and he said that my skin is looking really good after the radiotherapy and that he’s pleased with how I’ve looked after the area concerned.

He’s booking me in for a CT scan 2nd week of April to check how my liver etc is doing and then I will get the results from him on 24th April.

He’s mad really as he asked if I was ok with having a scan so soon and if the tumour has grown would I be ok to have more treatment.Errr…..What did he expect me to say…”No lets wait until it’s really grown and treatment won’t do any good!!”

I won’t be having a mammogram until June and he did say that the tumour on my lung is hardly visable now…yippee.

Today I had to see my Company Dr and after a brief chat with him, he doesn’t think a return to work will do me any good and he will now have to write a report so that HR can offer me some options…one of which I found out today would be redundancy as they need to lose 2 headcount from my department.

That sounds really good as our redundancy packages are excellent at the moment but once the redundancy money has gone that’s it.

The Dr didn’t think I would be eligible to our Long Term Invalidity package as it’s a scheme that runs for approx 2yrs and after that you should be both physically and mentally able to go back to work. I did manage to suitably embarrass myself by bursting into tears, make up everywhere and snotty nose noises.

My manager is hopeful that I’ll get offered the package that I want but he has to have discussions with HR etc.

So now I’m on an anxious wait for them to decide my fate, they’d better hurry up, I’m a very impatient lady.

So a rather busy week as far as medical stuff is concerned.

love Clare xx

No comments:

Post a Comment