Mixed feelings today....
Got up happy and had a good morning at playgroup with Jack.
Phoned the Pru pensions admin and they told me I've been accepted for ill-health retirement -yippee. Just have to hope Capita also decide the same. My consultant is dragging his feet where my medical report is concerned, I know I'm not his only patient but come on, 6 weeks ago he got the request!!
Back here for lunch and found and Email from Kate's neice Emma...I knew the email would tell me what I'd been dreading...Kate had passed away..for those that don't know she was a 'cyber' friend that I met through a forum for women with breast cancer 2.5yrs ago. When I joined the forum she sent me a private message welcoming me and we had quite alot in common, just little things but it warmed me to her and she was a huge support to me (albiet over the internet) when I was re-diagnosed last year. She was such a brave woman and fought to spend every last precious minute with her beloved family.
RIP Kate.
So happiness and sadness all in the space of 30mins...how strange life is.
love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How very sad about your friend Kate. It must really get to you when you lose a friend like that.
ReplyDeleteGood news about the ill-health retirement, hope it all goes through ok
Take care Clare.