woohoo...
My Power Port lived up to it's name and delivered the contrast dye for my scan as it should...no reason why it shouldn't have but I was a bit anxious that it worked properly!!
As usual no one knew what was going on....te radiographers hadn't heard of the dye being passed through a port before and hadn't heard of Esme or Sheila who are the hospital's line/picc and port specialists....
I got there at 1pm and started my barium drink....yuk! Luckily Esme turned up at 1.50pm to get me ready for my 2pm appointment. She explained to the radiographer in charge what it was she was doing but they still looked a bit confused!
All hooked up and ready for my scan she connected the contrast dye tubing and asked the radiographer what psi their tubing was and it's 300psi.....to my relief she told them that the port tubing is 400psi, so that made me feel better as I knew it would withhold the pressure.
Scan went ok and I had a audience watching the dye being delivered direct to the central line.
All done and Esme explained to the radiographers that although they can't deal with ports now it won't be long before they do as RBH are slowly getting people to have power ports fitted instead of picc lines as it just makes thins a whole lot easier.
I must say it was a damn sight easier for me and no pain of them trying 3 or 4 times to canulate me and bruising my arm.
Now all I have to do is sit it out and wait for the results...16th November!! I could make an appointment in a couple of weeks time but I can't see the point of going to the hospital and waiting around more than I have to I have to have a full set of bloods done too and another heart scan before my appointment in November so I'll have all the results together.
So glad it all went well for you Clare and hurray for Esme turning up! :-) At least she knew what she was doing! Will keep fingers and toes crossed for clear results on the 16th! xxx
ReplyDelete