Well, I bit the bullet and phoned my Breast Care Nurse this morning, to ask if I could be put in contact with a Macmillan Nurse.
Back in June when I was diagnosed with brain mets, they said I would benefit from one but nothing came of it.
I'm really struggling with energy levels as I've said before and need some advice on what if any supplements I can take.
The BCN said I sounded as if I would benefit from a palliative care nurse now and even if it's just to go through managing my expectations better.
The BCN used to be a palliative care nurse and she will try and come up to see me Friday when I'm at the hospital for treatment to have a chat.
So it wasn't a phone call I wanted to make but one I really had to.
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know we're rooting for you on Friday and the results of your scan.
You mentioned supplements - did anything come of the Vit C therapy thing?
Oodles and hugs and happy thoughts coming your way.
Jan
PS We'd love to come and stay in your fab new rooms - when are you free?!
Oh Clare, I do hope you can get some help. Good for you for asking for help. I know you are tough but everyone needs help sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI have no experience of McMillan but lots of Iain Rennie which are similar. Fantastic nurses: couldnt praise them highly enough.
You are amazing - never forget that
Alex x x x x
Eyup :) lovely lady. I'm so blummin annoyed you're suffering right now. Hopefully you can get on top of this pain soon. Hang on in there and keep believing xxxxxxx
ReplyDelete