Sunday, 23 October 2011

Another one succumbs to this hideous disease.

This time it's the daughter of a fellow BC suffer that I met on the BC forum. 

Karen was only just 40yrs old and leaves a hubby and daughter aged 5yrs.  She like me had extensive secondary cancers and ultimately they were in her head.

Jon immediately asks when she was diagnosed and I know what he's thinking.  She was diagnosed with brain mets in March I think, my friend Paula was diagnosed in March last year and both are now gone 7mths on.

By my reckoning I may make end of Jan if I follow form...better do as want a nice Xmas and have just got tickets to see Blood Brothers at end of Jan!!

It truly is the most indiscriminate, hideous disease that there is (no offence to MS/Motor Neurone etc suffers but this is happening to me).

RIP Karen and may your Mum Marie have the strength to go on as the days go by.

Love Clare xx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Annoying spelling mistake in deleted post...]((((Clare)))). I know it is of little consolation given the circumstances, but please don't think everyone follows a set form/pattern/time with this wretched disease. Paris lasted over 11 months, so I will be praying and hoping for much longer for you. Love as ever xxx

    ReplyDelete