Saturday, 22 October 2011

Sad day as I decided that my wedding and engagement ring had to come off as my fingers have got so fat. 

I tried yesterday using soap/vaseline/making my fingers cold etc but to no avail. Should have done it weeks back in hindsight.

Went into town and had both of them cut off. The man in the jewellers was so nice to me (he lost his 1st wife to cancer, she must have been so young as he wasn't as old as me I don't reckon).

I have engraving on the inside of my wedding ring but it was impossible to see where the writing ending and unfortunatley he cut through the date but promised that they would make good when putting it back togehter.  I did go to a reputable jewellers with a doorman (get me!), so should be ok, just didn't fancy Samuals/Ernest Jones dealing with me.

Both rings will be ready in about 2 weeks.

I decided not to have then made bigger as I may have to have them off again so I'm having them mended and will put away safely for Jon to look after for Jack to have one day.

Couldn't have a bare finger so got a cheap silver ring that looks ok, well I think so.

Love Clare xx

3 comments:

  1. That is a really really sad day. Glad that chap who looked after you was lovely to you. Thinking about you lots and sending you and J and J masses of love.
    Julia etc x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to read this Clare as I know what you're like about not taking them off. Could you wear them on a necklace maybe? Hilary Xx

    P.s.posting anonymously as it wont let me comment for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necklace idea is a lovely one....you still have everything that the ring symbolises x

    ReplyDelete