Saturday, 8 October 2011

Woke at 4.30am and felt retched, the pain across my right eye and forehead was excruciating.  I didn't want to take my daily dose of steroids at 4.30am so put up with it until 6am...felt quite sick with the pain so had some paracetamol as well.

For then 1st time since being dx with brain mets I was scared today...eek!

Went to Finchampstead as Jack had TKD testing and we got there, walked up stairs and I started to lose my balance, felt really wobbly and didn't feel as if I was in the room, had to sit down before I fell down.  Recovered enough to have a shortbread and latte after which I felt a bit better.

Have had waves of lightheadedness this afternoon and feeling of not being too steady, but Jack and I just chilled out for a while.  He is such a good boy as never asks to go anywhere or do anything when I'm not feeling too good...just tells me he loves me.

When I was with Jon yesterday, I was having trouble walking, dragging my left foot now and again...hoping that increasing the steroid dose from this morning will sort it out.  I know that I can't keep the tumours at bay for ever but would like to see another Christmas/birthday feeling relatively well and of course Tim & Vic's wedding...is that too much to ask?

Love Clare xx

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get to make more memories for your wonderful husband and gorgeous boy Clare. Bloody evil disease give my friend a break and let her continue to feel well.
    You're such a fighter Clare, an inspiration to so many.Love you loads Becxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loads of love Clare - so sorry you are feeling rough. Well done for raising Jack to be such a lovely understanding boy - what a great thing to give him - whatever's in the box and the book, most of it will be in his heart and who he is.
    love, lots
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am sitting here with tears rolling down my face. So sorry Clare, for what you're going through, and no, it's not too much to ask for. I wish I had a magic wand and could make this all go away. It's so unfair. Stay strong my lovely friend. You're doing brilliantly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope you've been feeling better last few days Clare and if the love of a beautiful little man (Jack, not Jon!) can keep this evil disease at bay, then you will have lots more good times to come. Love and hugs, Fayex

    ReplyDelete