Another 3 weeks has passed and treatment day is here again.
No problems with my port this week, medication up on ward by 9am done and out by 10.15am. Didn't bother going to clinic as consultant away and didn't really need to see anyone else, now Macmillan are involved with me, except for scan results and if I think things are starting to progress etc
My treatment buddy Charlotte had her last session today, lucky lady. We both had pressies for each other and she had been and had a look at the tunic dress I'm wearing for the wedding and she got me a woolly shawl to match the tunic. Goes perfectly. How thoughtful
Bussed into town, took top back to Debenhams, collected rings, and got a couple of bits for Jack's stocking.
When I got home, there was a parcel on my doorstep, it is an acrylic canvas of a picture I have of Jack, Sally who did our wedding photos did it for me, a total surprise. Soppy thing that I am started crying at such kindness. It will go in the lounge as soon as the 'grotto' has gone at New Year.
So in the 'nasty' world we appear to live in there are some kind thoughtful people out there.
Oh and I got a lovely red woolly hat (thank you Anita) to keep my head warm when scooting to school, it's mighty bitter up that cycle path!
Love Clare xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you meds have improved things so much. What lovely gestures from your friends, of course you only reap what you sow and we all know what a good friend you to others, so thoughtful. The world is full of lots and lots of nice people. Loving the sound of your grotto, ours is just grotty but we love it all the same. Keep watching out when you reverse ;)
ReplyDelete